These ReceptionHQ Terms of Service (these “Terms”) govern the access and use of all services and products offered by ReceptionHQ LLP (“RHQ”) (Company Number OC358482). These Terms constitute a legally binding agreement between RHQ and any individual or entity that accesses or otherwise uses or receives any RHQ services, products or website (“Customer”).
1. APPLICABILITY OF THESE TERMS
These Terms apply to Customer’s use of all services offered by RHQ (“RHQ Services”), RHQ’s website located at www.receptionhq.co.uk (“RHQ Website”), and any mobile apps offered by RHQ, regardless of where such apps were obtained by Customer (“RHQ Apps”). In these Terms, the RHQ Services, RHQ Website and RHQ Apps are collectively referred to as “RHQ Offerings.” RHQ may from time to time change these Terms, and any other terms or conditions appearing on the RHQ Website that may be referred to in these Terms, in accordance with Section 7.
2.1 Account. Customer must register with RHQ before receiving any RHQ Services. After such registration is complete, RHQ will establish an online account for Customer (“Customer’s Account”) that can be accessed on the client portal on the RHQ Website and, at RHQ’s option, from one or more RHQ Apps.
2.2 Password. Customer will not share with any third party, and will otherwise keep secret, any password that can be used to access Customer’s Account (“Customer’s Password”). Customer will be solely responsible for all activities conducted through Customer’s Account and will be liable for all losses and damages arising from any use or misuse of Customer’s Account. If Customer believes that any third party knows Customer’s Password or that there has been any unauthorized access to Customer’s Account, Customer will immediately change Customer’s Password and notify RHQ. Customer will not, and will have no right to, transfer Customer’s Account or Customer’s Password to any third party.
2.3 Telephone Number. After Customer registers with RHQ, RHQ will assign to Customer a unique telephone number for use with RHQ services provided to Customer. To the extent not prohibited by applicable law or regulation, in the event that any Trial Service or RHQ Paid Service (as defined in Section 4 below) is terminated, RHQ may retain the assigned telephone number for use as it sees fit.
3. TRIAL SERVICE
3.1 Trial Period. Subject to these Terms, RHQ may provide to Customer a live receptionist answering service (“Trial Service”) during a trial period commencing on Customer’s registration with RHQ and expiring within a number of days specified by RHQ, which period may be extended or shortened by RHQ in its discretion (such period, “Trial Service Term”). Customer acknowledges and agrees that the scope and details of the Trial Service will be determined by RHQ in its discretion. The Trial Service is not applicable for prior Customers of RHQ, casual Customers or new Customers that require RHQ Services for promotional or advertising campaigns.
3.2 Trial Usage Charges. At no charge to Customer, RHQ will provide Customer with a credit to be applied to incremental charges that are incurred based on Customer’s usage of the Trial Service (“Trial Usage Credit”). Customer acknowledges and agrees that (a) the amount of the Trial Usage Credit will be determined by RHQ in its discretion and (b) the amount of such incremental charges will be determined, and may be changed, by RHQ in its discretion.
3.3 Termination of Trial Service. RHQ may terminate the Trial Service at any time for any reason or no reason. Without limiting the foregoing, RHQ may terminate the Trial Service upon expiration of the Trial Service Term, depletion of the Trial Usage Credit, or commencement of any RHQ Paid Services (as defined in Section 4 below). After the termination of the Trial Service, Customer will need to purchase RHQ Paid Services, as described in Section 4 below, in order to continue to receive services from RHQ. Any portion of the Trial Usage Credit not used prior to termination of the Trial Service will be forfeited and may not be used in connection with any RHQ Paid Services.
4. PAID SERVICES
4.1 Adding Paid Services. Customer may at any time request to receive one or more of the paid services described on the RHQ Website or in these Terms (“RHQ Paid Services”). Customer will select a pricing plan for each RHQ Paid Service requested by Customer from the pricing plans offered by RHQ (“Pricing Plans”). Prior to providing any RHQ Paid Services, RHQ may require that Customer provide information about a credit card to which Customer authorises RHQ to submit charges as permitted under these Terms (“Customer’s Credit Card”).
4.2 Paid Service Terms. Each RHQ Paid Service that Customer requests and RHQ agrees to provide (which agreement may be withheld by RHQ in its discretion) is referred to in these Terms as a “Selected Paid Service.” Subject to these Terms, RHQ will provide the Selected Paid Services for consecutive one (1) calendar month periods (each such period, a “Paid Service Term”) until terminated in accordance with these Terms.
5. MOBILE APPS
5.1 License. Subject to these Terms, RHQ grants to Customer a personal, limited, nonexclusive, nontransferable, nonsublicenseable license to install and use each RHQ App on devices for which it was designed solely for the purpose of accessing Customer’s Account and using RHQ Services.
5.2 Restrictions. Customer will not and will have no right to (a) modify or create derivative works of any RHQ App; (b) sell, rent, lease, lend, sell, distribute or sublicense any RHQ App; or (c) decompile, reverse engineer or disassemble, or otherwise attempt to derive the source code of, any RHQ App, or encourage, assist or authorize any other person to any of the foregoing.
5.3 Updates. RHQ may, but will have no obligation to, make available to Customer updates, upgrades and new versions of one or more RHQ Apps (collectively, “App Updates”). Each App Update will be deemed to be an RHQ App for the purposes of these Terms.
5.4 License Termination. The license granted to Customer in Section 5.1 will automatically terminate without notice from RHQ if Customer fails to comply with this Section 5, or upon termination of all Selected Paid Services. In addition, RHQ may terminate such license at any time with respect to any or all RHQ Apps, and upon such termination RHQ may modify the affected RHQ Apps to make them inoperable. Upon any termination of such license with respect to any RHQ App, Customer will cease all use of such RHQ App and delete all copies thereof.
5.5 Ownership. Except for the rights explicitly granted to you in these Terms, all right, title and interest in the RHQ Apps are reserved and retained by RHQ and its licensors. Customer will not acquire any intellectual property rights or other rights in any RHQ App as a result of downloading or using it.
6.1 Pricing. The charges for each RHQ Paid Service may include (a) subscription charges that do not vary based on Customer’s usage of the RHQ Paid Service (“Subscription Charges”) and/or (b) incremental charges that are incurred based on Customer’s usage of the RHQ Paid Service, e.g., without limitation, excess inbound call charges, messages sent via SMS, call transfer charges and after-hour charges (“Usage Charges”). The charges for the RHQ Paid Services are set forth in the price list on the RHQ Website (“Price List”) and any additional charges are set forth in Section 6.2, both of which may be revised by RHQ from time to time as set forth in Section 7. All prices quoted exclude VAT and any other applicable taxes.
6.2 Subscription Charges
*Unused monthly call/minute allowances expire each month.
Additional Charges. RHQ Paid Services may attract the following additional charges dependent on Customer usage and preferences.
Messaging and Call Transfer
|Message by SMS||£0.20 per message|
|Call transfer to landline||£0.25 flagfall and £0.10 per minute|
|Call transfer to mobile||£0.25 flagfall and £0.25 per minute|
|Call transfer to international number||£0.25 flagfall and £0.30 per minute|
|Additional Phone Numbers||£5 per month|
|Additional Contacts||£2.50 per contact per month|
|Plan||Included Minutes*||Subscription Charges|
|Message Centre Fax||Unlimited||£7 per month|
|Message Centre Voicemail||Unlimited||£10 per month|
* Includes a local phone number in any of our available cities
6.3 Discounts. If RHQ grants to Customer any discount for any Selected Paid Service, such discount will be applied to the applicable charges set forth in the Price List or these Terms and will apply only during the period specified by RHQ (“Discount Period”), after which the charges set forth in the Price List or these Terms will apply without such discount.
6.4 Subscription Charges. For each Selected Paid Service, the applicable Subscription Charge for each Paid Service Term may be charged to Customer’s Credit Card in advance of such Paid Service Term. With respect to any Selected Paid Service that is added in the middle of (i.e., not on the first day of) a Paid Service Term, the Subscription Charge for such Paid Service Term will be pro-rated for the remainder of such Paid Service Term and may be charged to Customer’s Credit Card when RHQ starts providing such Selected Paid Service.
6.5 Usage Charges.
- Customer will be required to maintain a prepaid credit to be applied to Usage Charges incurred by Customer (“Prepaid Usage Credit”). On or before the first day of the first Paid Service Term, RHQ may establish the Prepaid Usage Credit by charging to Customer’s Credit Card an amount specified by RHQ (“Prepayment Amount”). Customer may not transfer the Prepaid Usage Credit to any third party.
- For each Selected Paid Service, all Usage Charges incurred by Customer in excess of the usage allowances included in the Pricing Plan selected by Customer (“Excess Usage Charges”) will be deducted automatically from the balance of the Prepaid Usage Credit. The usage allowances included each Pricing Plan will expire if not used within the time periods to which they apply, and in any event, unused usage allowances for any Paid Service Term will not be carried over to any subsequent Paid Service Term.
- Each time the balance of the Prepaid Usage Credit drops below a certain threshold amount determined by RHQ (which will be £0 unless RHQ notifies Customer otherwise), RHQ may charge to Customer’s Credit Card an amount equal to that which restores the Prepaid Usage Credit to £0 plus the Prepayment Amount, which will be added to the balance of the Prepaid Usage Credit. RHQ will have the right to increase the Prepayment Amount if RHQ determines, in its discretion, that the Prepayment Amount is insufficient to cover Excess Usage Charges incurred by Customer.
- RHQ may charge to Customer’s Credit Card any Excess Usage Charges incurred by Customer that exceed the available balance of the Prepaid Usage Credit.
6.6 Pricing Plan Changes. Customer may request to change the Pricing Plan it selected for any Selected Paid Service to a different Pricing Plan. If RHQ approves such request, the new Pricing Plan may take effect on the first day of the Paid Service Term following the Paid Service Term in which RHQ receives such request unless Customer requests, and RHQ agrees, that the new Pricing Plan will take effect during the Paid Service Term in which RHQ receives such request, in which case the following will apply:
- Customer’s Paid Service Term for the new Pricing Plan will commence the following day (unless Customer and RHQ agree otherwise); and
- if there are unused usage allowances in the previous Pricing Plan, the Customer will receive a credit to their account calculated as:
Credit % (defined below) x Subscription Charge of previous Pricing Plan
Credit % is equal to the lesser of:
- days remaining in the Paid Service Term divided by the average number of days in a month (30.4 days); or
- unused usage allowances in the previous Pricing Plan divided by usage allowances of the previous Pricing Plan.
- Usage Charges incurred by Customer during a Paid Service Term in excess of usage allowances will be calculated under the terms of the Pricing Plan in place at that time of the usage; and
- except as set forth in Section 6.5(b) above, Customer will not be entitled to any refunds or credits for any amounts previously paid, and any charges previously incurred by Customer will remain payable by Customer.
6.7 Taxes. Customer will be responsible for any taxes, duties, levies or other governmental charges (collectively, “Taxes”) assessed or imposed in connection with any RHQ Offerings provided to Customer or any payments or transactions under these Terms, excluding RHQ’s income taxes. If RHQ is obligated to collect or pay any such Taxes, RHQ may charge to Customer’s Credit Card the amount of such Taxes except to the extent Customer provides RHQ with a valid tax exemption certificate authorized by the appropriate taxing authority.
6.8 Credit Card Payments. Credit Card Payments. Customer hereby authorizes RHQ to submit charges to Customer’s Credit Card as permitted under this Section 6. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, RHQ may, at its discretion, require that (a) a different credit card be provided as Customer’s Credit Card, or (b) any amount RHQ is permitted to charge to Customer’s Credit Card be paid by Customer using a method of payment other than Customer’s Credit Card, e.g., cheque or electronic funds transfer.
6.9 Other Payment Terms. All amounts payable by Customer under these Terms will be charged to Customer’s Credit Card or otherwise paid in British pounds. If any amount payable by Customer under these Terms is not paid when due (including, without limitation, due a charge to Customer’s Credit Card being declined or initially accepted but subsequently reversed), (a) Customer may be charged penalty or interest fees at the highest rate permitted by law until such amount is paid in full, and (b) Customer will be responsible for all reasonable expenses (including collection and legal fees) incurred by RHQ in collecting such amount.
6.10 Unwanted Calls. RHQ does not take any responsibility for any inbound calls, including, without limitation, any inbound calls from (a) telemarketers or promotional companies, (b) callers who misdialled, or (c) or callers who do not leave messages. Such calls qualify as inbound calls and may result in Usage Charges under the applicable Pricing Plans.
7. Changes to Terms and Services.
7.1 Revisions to Prices. RHQ may revise the Price List or charges set forth in these Terms from time to time. Such revisions may include, without limitation, changes to the amounts of the Subscription Charges or Usage Charges for RHQ Paid Services, changes to the usage allowances included in the Pricing Plans, and discontinuation of Pricing Plans.
- Each such revision will take effect immediately upon being posted to the RHQ Website, except that any such revision that affects a Selected Paid Service will apply to Customer starting at the commencement of a Paid Service Term beginning no less than thirty (30) days from the date which RHQ provides notice of such revision to Customer in accordance with Section 13.3. If Customer does not agree to any such revision, Customer may terminate the affected Selected Paid Services in accordance with Section 10.1 below and discontinue its use of such Selected Paid Services. If Customer does not terminate its use of any affected Selected Paid Service prior to the effective date of such revision, Customer will be deemed to have agreed to such revision with respect to such Selected Paid Service.
- If a Pricing Plan selected by Customer is discontinued, Customer will select a new Pricing Plan from then-current pricing plans offered by RHQ. If Customer does not select a valid new Pricing Plan prior to the effective date of such discontinuation, then RHQ may either (i) suspend the affected Selected Paid Service until Customer selects a valid new Pricing Plan or (ii) select a valid new Pricing Plan on Customer’s behalf.
7.2 Changes to Services or Terms. RHQ may from time to time make changes to any Selected Paid Service (including, without limitation, the scope, nature and other details of such Selected Paid Service), these Terms, RHQ’s Fair Use Policy (as defined in Section 8.4 below) or any other terms or conditions appearing on the RHQ Website that may be referred to in these Terms, in each case by providing notice to Customer in accordance with Section 13.3. Each such change will be effective on the date of such notice if such change is made by RHQ to comply with any applicable laws or to address any actual or potential third party claims, or if such notice is provided to Customer during the Trial Service Term; otherwise, it will be effective at the end of the Paid Service Term in which such notice is delivered, provided that if such notice is delivered less than fifteen (15) days prior to the end of such Paid Service Term, such change will be effective at the end of the subsequent Paid Service Term. If Customer does not agree to such change, Customer may terminate the affected Selected Paid Services in accordance with Section 10.1 below and discontinue its use of all other affected RHQ Offerings. If Customer does not terminate such Selected Paid Services and discontinue its use of all other affected RHQ Offerings prior to the effective date of such change, Customer will be deemed to have agreed to such change. For avoidance of doubt, this paragraph does not apply to changes to the Price List, which are addressed in Section 7.1.
8. OTHER OBLIGATIONS OF CUSTOMER
8.1 Information Provided by Customer. Customer represents that all information provided by Customer to RHQ (including, without limitation, all contact information and information regarding Customer’s Credit Card) is accurate, up-to-date and complete at the time it is provided to RHQ. Customer will update all such information so that it remains accurate, up-to-date and complete at all times.
8.2 Forwarding Phone Numbers. Some RHQ Offerings may involve the forwarding of calls or messages to phone numbers specified by Customer (“Forwarding Telephone Numbers”). Customer represents that all Forwarding Telephone Numbers are under Customer’s direct control, and Customer will not direct RHQ to forward calls or messages to any phone numbers not under Customer’s direct control. In addition, Customer acknowledges and agrees that RHQ will have the right to refuse to forward calls and messages to any telephone number in RHQ’s discretion, in which case Customer will need to provide a different telephone number to receive forwarded calls and messages.
8.3 Compliance with Laws. Customer will at all times comply with all applicable laws and regulations in connection with its use of RHQ Offerings. Customer will not use any RHQ Offerings to engage in, or to encourage or assist others to engage in, any illegal or fraudulent activities.
8.4 RHQ Fair Use Policy. In connection with its use of RHQ Offerings, Customer will at all times comply with RHQ’s fair use policy (“Fair Use Policy”). The Fair Use Policy pertains to Customer’s usage during the Trial Service Term. Under the Fair Use Policy RHQ may shorten or end the Trial Service Term of the Customer with immediate effect should it determine, at its absolute discretion, that the Customer’s usage is in any way unreasonable. Such policy may be amended by RHQ from time to time.
8.5 Other Prohibited Activities. Customer will not, and will have no right to:
- sell, resell or otherwise provide any RHQ Offerings to third parties, or use or otherwise exploit any RHQ Offerings for the purpose of selling or otherwise providing to third parties the benefit of any RHQ Offerings or any products or services that are similar to any RHQ Offerings;
- overburden, disable or otherwise disrupt any RHQ Offerings or interfere with the use of any RHQ Offerings by any other RHQ customers; or
- obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information regarding any RHQ Offerings or any other user of RHQ Offerings through any means not intentionally made available or provided for by RHQ through the RHQ Website or any RHQ App.
8.6 Indemnification. Customer will indemnify, defend, and hold harmless RHQ from and against all liabilities, damages, and costs (including settlement costs and reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of any breach by Customer of this Section 8 or any third party claim relating to any of Customer’s products, services or businesses.
9. SERVICE SUSPENSION
9.1 Insufficient Funds. RHQ may suspend the performance of any or all Selected Paid Services if any charge submitted by RHQ to Customer’s Credit Card as permitted under these Terms is declined or is initially accepted but subsequently reversed, or any amount payable by Customer under these Terms is not otherwise paid when due.
9.2 Emergency Suspension. RHQ may suspend the performance of any or all Selected Paid Services and disable Customer’s access to Customer’s Account and any RHQ Offerings if RHQ has any reason to believe that (a) Customer has committed any breach of Section 8 or has engaged in any activity that could disrupt any RHQ Services, or (b) there has been any unauthorized access to Customer’s Account or unauthorized use of any RHQ Services in Customer’s name.
10. SERVICE TERMINATION
10.1 Termination by Customer. Customer may terminate any or all of the Selected Paid Services at any time by sending RHQ an email to firstname.lastname@example.org that identifies the Selected Paid Services to be terminated and the date on which Customer desires such termination to take effect (“Requested Termination Date”), which date will be no earlier than three (3) days after the date such email is sent. The effective date of such termination will be, at RHQ’s election, either (i) the Requested Termination Date or (ii) three (3) days after the date such email is sent. If a new Paid Service Term starts prior to the effective date of such termination, Customer will incur the applicable Subscription Charge for the new Paid Service Term.
10.2 Termination by RHQ
- For Cause. RHQ may terminate any or all Selected Paid Services if (i) Customer commits a breach of Section 5.2, 8.3, 8.4 or 8.5, (ii) Customer commits any other breach of these Terms and fails to remedy such breach within five (5) days, or (iii) Customer ceases conducting business in the normal course, becomes insolvent, makes a general assignment for the benefit of creditors, suffers or permits the appointment of a receiver for its business or assets, avails itself of or becomes subject to any petition or proceeding relating to insolvency or the protection of the rights of creditors, or any other insolvency or bankruptcy proceeding or other similar proceeding for the settlement of Customer’s debt is instituted.
- For Convenience. RHQ may terminate for convenience any Selected Paid Service by providing notice to Customer in accordance with Section 13.3. Such termination will be effective immediately if such Selected Paid Service is terminated by RHQ to comply with any applicable laws or to address any actual or potential third party claims; otherwise, it will be effective at the end of the Paid Service Term in which such notice is delivered.
10.3 Effect of Termination
- Subscription Charges. RHQ will have no obligation to refund any Subscription Charges paid by Customer for any Selected Paid Service upon any termination thereof.
- Prepaid Usage Credit. RHQ will refund to Customer any unused balance of the Prepaid Usage Credit if (i) RHQ terminates all Selected Paid Services for convenience in accordance with Section 10.2(b) above or (ii) Customer terminates a Selected Paid Service in accordance with Section 10.1 in response to, and within ten (10) days of, RHQ making a change or revision as described in Section 7.1(a) or 7.2, and there are no other Selected Paid Services. RHQ will have no obligation to refund any unused balance of the Prepaid Usage Credit if the Selected Paid Services are terminated by either party under any other circumstances.
- Phone Calls and Messages. Following termination of any RHQ Service, RHQ will not be responsible in any way for answering calls, taking or delivering messages, or performing any other activities in connection with such RHQ Service.
- Customer’s Account. Upon termination of all RHQ Services, RHQ may terminate Customer’s Account and Customer’s access thereto.
- Customer Data. RHQ will have no obligation to retain any data or other information (including, without limitation, any messages or call logs) obtained or generated by RHQ in connection with any RHQ Service after termination of such RHQ Service.
- Service Reinstatement. Following termination of any RHQ Service, RHQ will have no obligation to reinstate or otherwise recommence such RHQ Service. If RHQ elects (in its discretion) to reinstate or otherwise recommence a terminated RHQ Service, RHQ may require that Customer pay a reinstatement fee of £25.
12. DATA PROTECTION
12.1 RHQ and Customer both agree to comply with the relevant data protection regulation and laws (the “Data Protection Laws”), these being; up to and including 24 May 2018, the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”) and thereafter the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) (as amended or updated from time to time). Further RHQ and Customer acknowledge that these Terms, in part or whole, do not relieve, remove or replace, either RHQ or Customer’s obligations under the Act or GDPR.
12.2 RHQ and Customer acknowledge that for the purposes of the Act and GDPR, RHQ is the data processor (the “Processor”) and the Customer is the data controller (the “Controller”) in relation to Customer’s personal data (“Personal Data”). The Controller hereby appoints the Processor with respect to processing activities undertaken in the course of the provision of receptionist services.
12.3 RHQ and Customer acknowledge and agree that the Processor is subject to the following obligations:
12.3.1 The Processor shall comply with the relevant Data Protection Laws and must: –
- only act on the written instructions of the Controller and ensure those acting under their authority so the same
- ensure that people processing the data are subject to a duty of confidence
- use its best endeavours to safeguard and protect all personal data from unauthorised or unlawful processing, including (but not limited to) accidental loss, destruction or damage
- ensure that all processing meets the requirements of the GDPR and related Data Protection Laws
- ensure that where a Sub-Processor is used, they: –
- only engage a Sub-Processor with the prior consent of the Controller
- inform the Controller of any intended changes concerning Sub-Processors
- they implement a written contract containing the same data protection obligations as set out in these Terms
- understand that any failure on the part of the Sub-processor to comply with the Data Protection Laws, the Processor remains fully liable to the Controller for the performance of the Sub-Processor’s obligations
- assist the Controller in providing subject access and allowing data subjects to exercise their rights under the Data Protection Laws
- assist the Controller in meeting its data protection obligations in relation to
- the security of processing
- data protection impact assessments
- the investigation and notification of personal data breaches
- delete or return all personal data to the Controller as requested unless not permitted to do so by law
- make available to the Controller all information necessary to demonstrate compliance with the obligations laid down in the relevant Data Protection Laws
- tell the Controller immediately if they have done something (or are asked to do something) infringing on Data Protection Law
- co-operate with supervisory authorities in accordance with GDPR Article 31
- notify the Controller of any personal data breaches in accordance with GDPR Article 33
12.3.2 The Processor is responsible for ensuring that each of its employees, agents, subcontractors or vendors are made aware of its obligations regarding the security and protection of the personal data and the terms set out in this agreement.
12.3.3 The Processor shall maintain induction and training programs that adequately reflect the Data Protection Law requirements and regulations.
12.3.4 Any transfers of personal data to a third country or an international organisation shall only be carried out on documented instructions from the Controller; unless a legal requirement exists, the Processor shall inform the Controller of that legal requirement before processing.
12.3.5 The Processor shall maintain a record of all categories of processing activities carried out on behalf of the Controller, containing: –
- the name and contact details of the Processor(s) and of each Controller on behalf of which the Processor is acting
- the categories of processing carried out on behalf of each Controller
- transfers of personal data to a third country or an international organisation, including the identification of that third country or international organisation and, the documentation of suitable safeguards
- a general description of the technical and organisational security measures referred to in Article 32(1)
12.3.6 The Processor shall maintain records of processing activities in writing, including in electronic form and shall make the record available to the supervisory authority on request
12.3.7 When assessing the appropriate level of security and the subsequent technical and operational measures, the processor shall consider the risks presented by any processing activities, in particular from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of, or access to personal data transmitted, stored or otherwise processed.
12.4 RHQ and Customer acknowledge and agree that the Controller is subject to the following obligations:
12.4.1 The Controller is responsible for verifying the validity and suitability of the Processor before entering into a business relationship.
12.4.2 The Controller shall carry out adequate and appropriate onboarding and due diligence checks for all Processors, with a full assessment of the mandatory Data Protection Law requirements.
12.4.3 The Controller shall verify that the Processor has adequate and documented processes for data breaches, data retention and data transfers in place.
12.4.4 The Controller shall obtain evidence from the Processor as to the: –
- verification and reliability of the employees used by the Processor
- any certificates, accreditations and policies as referred to in the onboarding process
- technical and operational measures used in safeguarding the Personal Data
- procedures in place for allowing data subjects to exercise their rights, including (but not limited to), subject access requests, erasure & rectification procedures and restriction of processing measures
12.4.5 Where the Controller has authorised the use of any Sub-Processor by the initial Processor, the Controller must verify that similar data protection agreements are in place between the initial Processor and Sub-Processor.
12.4.6 Where the Controller has authorised the use of any Sub-Processor by the initial Processor, the details of the Sub-Processor must be added to a register of Sub-Processors.
12.5 The Controller and Processor acknowledge they understand and agree to the following specifics with respect to the Processor’s processing activities:
- The Controller authorises the Processor to transfer certain Personal Data to other member entities of the wholly owned group to which the Processor belongs in order for receptionist services to be provided outside of local operating hours. These other member entities are located in Australia and the United States;
- When the Processor handles phone calls on behalf of the Controller, the caller may provide Personal Data of their own to Processor (RHQ) in the form of their contact details to be forwarded to Controller (Customer). In this instance the caller is the controller and RHQ the Processor and as Processor, RHQ relies on the concept of “legitimate interest” (as defined in GDPR Article 6(1)(f)) in collecting this Personal Data and transmitting it to Customer;
- The appointment by the Controller of the Processor will remain until terminated by either party in accordance with the notice periods outlined in section 10
13. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
13.1 Disclaimer of Warranties. Customer acknowledges and agrees that Customer’s use of the RHQ offerings is at Customer’s sole risk. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the RHQ Offerings are provided “as is” and “as available,” with all faults and without warranty of any kind, and RHQ expressly disclaims all representations and warranties (whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise) regarding any RHQ offerings or any other aspects of this agreement, including, without limitation, any warranties of title, satisfactory quality, non-infringement of third party rights, accuracy, quiet enjoyment, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, and any warranties arising out of any industry custom or course of dealing. Without limiting the foregoing, RHQ makes no representations or warranties regarding the quality, accuracy or content of any information or messages received on behalf of customer, and RHQ does not warrant that any RHQ offering will be free of mistakes, defects or inaccuracies, will be available without interruption, or will meet customer’s requirements.
13.2 Limitations of Liability. To the extent not prohibited by applicable law, and regardless of the theory of liability (contract, tort or otherwise), in no event will (a) RHQ be liable under or in connection with this agreement for any indirect, special, incidental, consequential, exemplary or punitive damages, or any damages for business interruption or loss of revenues, profits, business or data, even if RHQ knew or should have known of the possibility of such damages, or (b) RHQ’s aggregate liability under or in connection with this agreement exceed the total of all amounts paid by Customer to RHQ for the RHQ Offerings giving rise to liability applicable to the Paid Service Terms during which the events giving rise to liability occurred.
The foregoing limitations will apply even if the above stated remedy fails of its essential purpose.
13.3 Essential Part of Bargain. Customer acknowledges that the disclaimers of warranties and limitations of liability set forth in these Terms are essential to the bargain between Customer and RHQ, and that RHQ would not have been willing to enter into these Terms or to provide any RHQ Offerings to Customer absent any such disclaimers or limitations.
13.4 Exceptions. The laws of some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties or limitations on applicable statutory rights of a consumer. If such laws apply to Customer, some or all of the warranty exclusions and limitations of liability set forth in these terms may not apply to Customer.
14.1 Governing Law and Venue. This Agreement will be governed by and construed pursuant to the laws of England and Wales and the parties agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales in connection with any dispute relating to this Agreement.
14.2 Force Majeure. If RHQ is prevented from or delayed in complying with an obligation by an event beyond its reasonable control, performance by it of that obligation is suspended during the time compliance is prevented or delayed.
14.3 Notices to Customer. Any notice from RHQ to Customer required, permitted or otherwise contemplated by these Terms may be provided by RHQ to Customer by email, text message, message in the client portal on the RHQ website, telephone or voicemail message.